Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Feeling Thankful

I received some exciting news yesterday. I have been admitted to the Master of Arts Program in Comparative Humanities (B.A./M.A. Program for Brandeis Undergraduates) for the 2018-2019 academic year. This is an amazing opportunity for me, and I am very excited for it. The fact that I got into a graduate school program before I finished undergrad is astonishing for me.

Honestly, I never thought I would get this far in life, but I have, and I'm happy here. Imposter Syndrome is real, and although I sometimes have it, I have also realized that I am qualified, and I can do the things that I aspire to. Now that I have come this far, I'm starting to think of ways to give back. I have had so much support from my family, friends, professors, colleagues and more. I know that I would not be here without them. As I look towards my future, I am considering the best ways that I can contribute to the community that I rose from, and how to help other communities grow. If anyone has suggestions, or knows about meaningful causes I'd like to hear about them.

The Weapon we have is love.

Cheers,
Talia

More about the program:
The BA/MA track of the Master of Arts Program in Comparative Humanities (MACH) allows current Brandeis undergraduates to begin the program and join the MACH community in their senior year. The program explores major themes of human experience using comparative and cross-cultural approaches. The program is a means by which to hone research interests, develop communication skills, and gain credentials for a professional career or further graduate studies. It provides opportunities for professional development, intellectual advancement, and preparation for doctoral studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment