Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Connection


In my defense, I was in a play this weekend and over-exhausted myself. That said, I think I am going to change the pace of my blog updates, and instead of simply picking a day, I will instead make a seven-day rule, that I cannot go longer than 7 days without writing a post. It's much more flexible and manageable. It's coming right up onto finals period at this point, and so it really is crunch time. I feel like I'm swimming in a pool of assignments,* and so I don't really have time to dedicate to this blog.

Now, I have a very packed summer ahead, including a trip abroad, and a few other places where I might not be able to write posts at all. Which will be sad. This blog is an experiment, but I think it's working, at least for me. I hope the people who read this enjoy reading about my various thoughts, because I like writing them.

It's my belief that Academia can be quite fun, and while I know that obviously not everyone thinks the same things as me, I always get sad when people reject the arts or the sciences, any kind of them, because I firmly believe that our capacity to engage with others in various mediums is one of the most beautiful things about humanity. Empathy and understanding are essential to us, because at the heart of it we are social creatures. 

I know that some people are introverts, and while I am more of an extrovert, I do sometimes have social anxiety, and I know that people even more introverted than me have much more than that, even they have a select few they let in. People who aren't people people still need interactions, why do you think so many of us find friends on the internet? Anyway, this post is a mess, but I hope that I have left people with things to think about.

Cheers,
Talia


*I just pictured swimming in a poll filled with all my assignments and wondered whether I'd be more likely to get electrocuted or get a paper cut

P.S. I used the word 'people' too often in this post. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment